Tuesday 5 June 2012

Baking - jam tarts, orange biscuits and banana and peanut butter icecream!

So, as well as sewing to keep me sane, there has been some sanity baking too! These have all been made from whatever was left in the cupboard in moments where there were no snacks and I had a desperate need for something sweet and tasty! 



JAM TARTS 

Easy peasy, I had left over shortcrust pastry from making pies the day before, which I rolled out, cut out circles, lined a cupcake tin with, and plonked some jam in the middle (well, cherry and apricot preserve) and made some stars with the final dregs of pastry....! Takes five miniutes, 10-15 mins in the oven on 180 degrees: 



ICECREAM 

My icecream machine arrived from amazon the very day the sun came out,  this ice cream is from http://veganicecream.blogspot.co.uk/2006/09/peanut-butter-banana-ice-cream.html here. 

Really easy, REALLY scrummy, and my ice-cream disliking omni boyfriend loved it! Gotta be a good sign.

  
Orange iced shortbread 
Another what-is-left-in-the-cupboards masterpeice. I used a normal shortbread recipe, replaced butter with soya margerine and added in lemon zest, orange zest and the juice of 1 orange. I had ready-made icing in the cupboard left over from my christmas cake, which I mixed orange peel (and orange food colour!) into it, rolled it out, cut it and put o top. Sweet, zingy and tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment