Tuesday 3 April 2012

Kartoffelbrot!

So I have made german potato bread using a hairy bikers recipe! On a side note, I am LOVING the hairy bikers bakeation program at the moment, a wonderful insight into baking and history across europe - and lucky for me lots of bread and soup recipes that are vegan (or veganisable)!

I must admit I haven't done it justice, the recipe said 220 degrees for 35 miniutes but I took it out after only 25 it was very close to burnt around the edges there, I think it needs a lower heat.

However it tasted GREAT, it was really yummy and had a wonderful moist texture that I adored. It is meant to last well, however I ate mine within two days so who knows!

I will certainly make this again! Great enjoyed with a hearty homemade vegetable soup for lunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment