Friday 18 November 2011

PJs!


PJs! I really wanted to make PJs so I made these following this guide http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Sew-Your-Own-Pajama-Pants/ and some cheap red fabric.

Glad I used the cheap fabric because as comfortable as these are, I made a lot of mistakes! The waist is over twice my own waist, which makes them really comfortable but would be a waste of more expensive fabric, I made the crotch to waist too small so they fit too low on the hips, and I sewed across the elastic stopping me from threading the ribbon the whole way through... and then sewed the ribbon on the back. Anyway a couple of alterations later they were finished!
I added the heart and extra ribbon to make them a bit more interesting and a bit less santa bottoms!

If I did it again I'd sew the heart on like applique, with a short zig zag around the edges, it would have been neater and smoother.

The material is so soft and comfortable, it cost £5 a meter and I used 1.75 meters...and that was to make PJs MUCH too big so I should be able to use no more than 1.5 next time and use some more expensive fabric... to create really pretty PJ bottoms!



No comments:

Post a Comment